Pages

Monday, October 25, 2010

Another Day, Another Something

While J and I were off in AR at the last national (car) race of the season, my farmsitter called and told me Lar was stocked up in all four legs.  Not terrible, not painful to the touch, and no lameness, but definitely swollen.  I had her give him some Bute Saturday and leave him in the paddock so he could walk around and let the blood circulate, then I'd be home the next day to check on him.  Sure enough, when we got back, his legs were pretty stocked up.  They're not painful to the touch and he shows no lameness (in fact, he was quite eager to squeal, carry on, and show off his dressage trot when I was attempting to catch him to apply poultice this morning).  Looks like Bute, wraps, hosing, and light walking are in order for a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment